Re: [Tinycc-devel] constructor/destructor support

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] constructor/destructor support
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 18:08:32 +0100

Michael Matz wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, 30 Oct 2019, Herman ten Brugge via Tinycc-devel wrote:

I had a good night sleep and realized that I could copy the .init/.fini
arrays relocations to the text section

Why to the text section (and not, say .data, .init_array contains
pointers, not code), and why copying at all?  The link process (i.e.
pe_assign_addresses) merely needs to make sure that .init/.fini becomes
part of the loaded image (which should already be the case without any
changes?), then the start/stop symbols (why aren't you using
add_init_array_defines?) point to the correct areas in that image and
should be accessible just fine from the crt startup code.

Hi Herman,

Do you think we could get rid of the tcc_strdup()s and the n^2 strcmp()s
(and some of the static data) that were introduced for sym-versions, at
some point, too?

Anyway best wishes from me, for wholesome nights and dreams ;)

-- grischka

Ciao,
Michael.