Re: [Tinycc-devel] make tcc reentrant

From: Ulrich Schmidt
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] make tcc reentrant
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 15:49:04 +0100

Am 06.12.2019 um 17:00 schrieb Karl Yerkes:
that repo disappeared. is this topic dead?

Hi all.
No, the topic is not dead. :)
I've needed some time to jump into the sources and to figure out how to
do my changes right.
Finally i decided to branch from master and do my changes. You can see
the results here:
https://github.com/Fuzzlix/tcc_test
Because i did not change any logic you can test and bechmark against the
master branch.
It was nessesary to split tccrun.c into a relocate part, which went to
libtcc.c and a run part,
which went to tcc.c.
tcc_run() needs a static TCCState for rt_error() & Co. hence the move.
I moved the static vars from tccpp.c, tccgen.c, and tccelf.c to the
TCCState. More to come.
But it should be good for a 1st benchmark.

Ulrich.