Re: [Tinycc-devel] CI improvements (was: Re: TinyCC failure on i386)

From: Giovanni Mascellani
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] CI improvements (was: Re: TinyCC failure on i386)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 16:10:44 +0100

Hi,

Il 17/12/19 23:57, Michael Matz ha scritto:
> Is it possible to put them in some subdir (ci/ or somesuch)?  I
> certainly wouldn't mind to have them in the repo.

Yes, no problem.

>> Also, I have fixed my Debian image generator to use an older kernel for
>> riscv64, because the latest one does not boot properly. Hopefully
>> tomorrow (in the European sense) I will able to run a CI test also on
>> riscv64.
>
> Btw, for my local development I'm using user-space emulation of qemu,
> not full system emulation.  (And the userspace is simply an unpacked
> minimal distro of the right type, either debian or suse, in some
> subdir).  Makes development a bit faster and less cumbersome as well
> (e.g. I don't need an editor in that chroot, but can simply edit from
> the outside).  But I don't know if that's easily/usefully possible with
> the CI infrastructure. Anyway, just FYI, the CI as is is useful enough.

In the CI I cannot use neither KVM nor QEMU user mode via binfmt, so I
have to use a virtual machine. Unless I manage to use QEMU user mode
without passing by binfmt, which I haven't yet investigated.

I enabled riscv64, which is currently failing:

  https://gitlab.com/giomasce/tinycc/-/jobs/383517514#L1099

I have no time to investigate this now. BTW, riscv64 is even more hacky
than other architectures due to some bugs and very in-development
things. In particular, currently the clock is wrong and there are a lot
of messages complaining about the past happening in the future, but I
hope they are harmless.

Thanks everybody for suggestions with Windows. I will do some more
experiments when I have some time.

Giovanni.
--
Giovanni Mascellani <address@hidden>
Postdoc researcher - Université Libre de Bruxelles