[Tinycc-devel] Request: __attribute__((vector_size))

From: Rasmus Riiner
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Request: __attribute__((vector_size))
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 12:01:35 +0200

See here: https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Vector-Extensions.html

This is one of those things that doesn't come up in a lot of types of programming, but is indispensable in some, namely anything to do with 2D or 3D math. The ability to just write `position += velocity * dt;` style statements might be one of the most important reasons most game developers choose C++ over C. It's certainly the only thing keeping me from using TCC in the development of my own project.

Actually emitting SSE instructions might be beyond the scope of tcc (Tiny after all), supporting the expressions though would be a huge help.

I sat down yesterday in an attempt to do this myself, but it turns out I'm not good enough for the job. I couldn't make heads or tails of it. However, this might be a breeze for someone that knows TCC like the back of their hand.

So, any takers?