Re: [Tinycc-devel] Questions regarding ARM Thumb code generation

From: Erlend Sveen
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Questions regarding ARM Thumb code generation
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 08:02:26 +0000

Thanks!

I am working on a copy of the arm-gen file, and not making any changes to
the original. However, while the modifications are substantial there are some
components that will probably remain mostly unchanged such as the register
allocation and parameter copying. I think it is best that I keep the license as
is for now and add a note or something, and not consider changing it until I
have something working that you can look at.

This may change if I find the time to figure out how these components work,
but I need to keep this project manageable with the limited time I have, so I
mostly focus on program correctness and keep the things I can. I am also
delaying float support for now, I hope this is okay.

While I personally prefer GPL style licenses I consider this to be a derivative
work, and I think it is not up to me to make these decisions, but the
contributors that came before me.

Regards,
Erlend