Re: [Tinycc-devel] Progress on the Thumb2 generator, testing

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Progress on the Thumb2 generator, testing
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2020 18:14:51 +0200

Hi Erlend,

Congrat for your progress. Few hints to help you debug this.

If it stops at the first char, it is “probably” because wchar_t has an incorrect size (like 2 vs. 4) compared to the string encoded with L”…”. It stops with the NUL wchar_t.

// this file contains BMP chars encoded in UTF-8

#include <stdio.h>

#include <wchar.h>

int main()

{

    wchar_t s[] = L"hello$$你好¢¢世界€€world";

    wchar_t *p;

    {

            unsigned char* byte = (unsigned char*)&s[0];

            int i;

            for (i = 0; i < sizeof(s); ++i) {

                    printf("p=%p => %02X\n", byte, *byte);

                    ++byte;

            }

    }

    printf("sizeof(wchar_t) %d\n", sizeof(wchar_t));

    printf("sizeof(s) %d\n", sizeof(wchar_t));

    for (p = s; *p; p++) {

            printf("p=%p => %04X\n", p, (unsigned) *p);

    }

    return 0;

}

Rpi4 gives: