Re: [Tinycc-devel] stdarg.h overhaul (was: /usr/include/syslog.h:68: err

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] stdarg.h overhaul (was: /usr/include/syslog.h:68: error: invalid type)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 00:23:38 +0200

Michael Matz wrote in
<address@hidden>:
 |On Wed, 15 Apr 2020, Michael Matz wrote:
 |So, I've dusted off an old patch of mine that overhauls how TCC is doing
 |stdarg.h support.  mob at 2f943902 has it.  In particular our own stdarg.h

Very cool!

  +    if (!is_asm && s1->output_type != TCC_OUTPUT_PREPROCESS)
  +        cstr_cat(&cstr, "#include \"tcc_predefs.h\"\n", -1);

That is it!  Great!  I tried to fool around to get the va thing
defined as a real type somewhere in the code base for an entire
afternoon, but simply enforcing the load of some special tcc
internal file is much easier.

  I was hoping for some kind of #include_next indeed, without ever
  being motivated enough to look in the codebase i have no plan
  of.  Like i said back in 2017 or so after grischka reverted that
  tccinclude commit of mine, i never understood why compilers
  install a tremendous load of internal headers which shadow or
  provide standard headers, like stdarg.h, but if you sprinkle
  #error's you note they never get even loaded.  Either you need
  it for proper functioning or not, i do not understand.  But
  granted the patch was much worse than what you are doing now!

 |Would be nice if you could check that on ulinux and libressl :)

Works much better now, great!  Thank you.  I hope he gets it done,
ulinux could be a really easy VM server thing for me.
(Unfortunately he removed a shell confirmation prompt() function
that was really neat; at least that function was in a pasteboard
thing i have seen.)

--steffen