Re: [Tinycc-devel] -version vs. --version

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] -version vs. --version
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 16:02:34 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Christian,

On Mon, 11 May 2020, Christian Jullien wrote:

May I suggest you the diff in attachment which better explains -v, -vv,
--version.
It also display -m32/64 only for supported architecture, Intel processors
atm.

Sure, works for me, push it.

But "tcc -v --help" omits -hh part.

It's not a real request as I can leave with it, but it would be nice if "tcc -v --help" could work like gcc and produce "tcc -v -h && tcc -v -hh". FYI: "tcc -v -h -hh" does not what one could expect.

Wdyt?

Yeah, makes sense as well, as -v really is verbose, not just a version flag, '-v -h' or '-v --help' should give all help screens, care to cobble up a patch and push it?

Ciao,
Michael.

C.