[Tinycc-devel] Debugger options: difference output between linux and win

From: Massimo Sala
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Debugger options: difference output between linux and windows
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 00:20:03 +0200

Hi

I love TinyCC, it permits to stay focused on your C code when you can install a full C toolchain.

I am compiling the Lua interpreter, both Lua stable 5.3.5 and the latest 5.4.0-rc3.
Tcc compiles the source files without problems.

And without debugger options, the simple test of the Lua interpreter works fine:
    lua -v

Now I add the debugger options -g -b :
* Windows:  -Wl,-subsystem=console -g -b
    lua -v
    no output

* linux:   -DLUA_USE_LINUX -g -b
   lua -v
   bcheck.c __bound_ptr_add: 0x7fffffffe66f is outside of the region
   bcheck.c bound_error: invalid pointer
   /opt/packages/tcc.sh: line 49: 19914 Segmentation fault      ./lua -v

From the output I cannot understand if this instrumentation is working and there is a problem in Lua, or there is a problem in the tcc instrumentation code.

I read at https://bellard.org/tcc/tcc-doc.html
    "Note: -b is only available on i386"
Does it mean cannot work on intel, 64 bits cpu ?

Best regards, Massimo