Re: [Tinycc-devel] Thumb2 codegen ready for review

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Thumb2 codegen ready for review
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 15:06:12 +0200

Hi, this is really cool to have a new backend for tcc. Congrat!!

I had a quick look on you repository but I’m not qualified to comment it.

FYI the few last weeks I made a POC with a friend of mine to add z80 backend which generates .asm files. It is far from working but I’ve made similar changes.

I have more general questions:

-          How this work will be supported, I mean who (you?) will actively maintain this port so that this backend is fully synchronized and working when mob changes.

-          How can we test it? (from RPi would be nice, using a VM with emulator).

-          Do you plan to support tcc linking instead of ld? It would be a nice addition if you can.

My concern is that I don’t want to see a new backend that nobody will use or maintain in the next months/years.

C.