Re: [Tinycc-devel] error: Unknown relocation type for got: 23 with -stat

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] error: Unknown relocation type for got: 23 with -static
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 06:30:37 +0200

Hi Scott,
I confirm! I tested this sample with mod on Debian RPi 4 armv7l and had a
similar error:

$ tcc -static foo.c
tcc: error: Unknown relocation type for got: 107
$ tcc foo.c

-hh help says:
  -static                       link to static libraries (not recommended)

Why is it not recommended? Because it is not well supported or just because
shared lib, by ideology, is generally preferred?
My OpenLisp comes in two flavors with gcc: static and shared. When speed
matters, I recommend the static one which is significantly faster.

C.