Re: [Tinycc-devel] Major issue with current macos port. clang and tcc .o

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Major issue with current macos port. clang and tcc .o are not compatible
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 18:16:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Christian,

On Tue, 23 Jun 2020, Christian Jullien wrote:

As suspected, I have a proof that current version does not allow to mix
clang and tcc objects (which is of course a big issue).

Well, of course, that's exactly the same as if someone tried to do similar things on Windows, the .o files from there and tcc aren't compatible either. Why do you say this is a major issue, when it isn't on Windows?

Personally I think this restriction is perfectly fine, how often do you copy over .o files from somewhere else?

Ciao,
Michael.