Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tiny c availability

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tiny c availability
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 09:58:23 +0200

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 06:29:11AM +0200, Christian Jullien wrote:
> We are many to use it daily as main C compiler for really big projects.

It think that's a bit exaggerated. From what I saw on this list you
can count the number of people who use it for "really big projects" on
one hand. A few people turned to tcc because it can serve as a JIT
compiler while being smaller and probably easier to use than LLVM.
Many people that choose tcc see no benefit in using a big featureful
optimizing proven-in-use toolchain but are happy about every second
they don't have to wait for the compiler.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Best regards,

  Daniel