Re: [Tinycc-devel] Pragma directive for pkg-config

From: John Scott
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Pragma directive for pkg-config
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 15:07:00 -0500

> Would it make sense to have a pragma directive for the source code that
> requires pkg-config input

I think it makes sense. It seems like a related superset of the 'lib' pragma
from Plan 9, which I think gcc at least has support for. There,
#pragma lib ldap

causes a file to get built with -lldap. But the pkg-config idea intrigues me
not
only to reduce duplication and get the headers, but also because with -llib
you need to assume the library has a certain name, where pkg-config would be
more semantic.

Granted it doesn't have a pkg-config file, but the Arb library for arbitrary-
precision ball arithmetic is -larb most places but -lflint-arb on Debian due to
name clashing.

If anyone were to implement it in tcc or otherwise, I would use it right away.