Re: [Tinycc-devel] A possible bug in TCC

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] A possible bug in TCC
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2020 15:56:44 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Sun, 13 Dec 2020, Anton Shepelev wrote:

Vincent Lefevre:

No issue with tcc 0.9.27+git20200814.62c30a4a-1 provided
by Debian.

The bug on my side is reproduced with this version just five
days old:

https://repo.or.cz/tinycc.git/snapshot/8ff705554de47f16726ec5f1a6c49a162b926732.zip

I had to compile it myself on Windows, using
win32\build-tcc.bat . Is there a pre-compiled win32 build
available?

I have also tried the same on a Linux. Since I had not
enough permissions to install TCC, I only built it and tried
the following from the root of the source directory:

  ./tcc -Iinclude -L. ld.c

For uninstalled tcc you need to use './tcc -B. ...' to set the compiler path to something else than the install directory.

tcc failed with error:

  file '/usr/local/lib/tcc/libtcc1.a' not found

The file libtcc1.a is right there in the working directory.
Why did it ignore -L. ?

A deficiency. libtcc1.a is searched in a different way than normal -lfoo libraries.

FWIW, I also can't reproduce the problem you're seeing on linux x86-64, with various revisions of the mob branch.

Ciao,
Michael.