[Tinycc-devel] Anyone else working with the RISC-V port?

From: Charles Lohr
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Anyone else working with the RISC-V port?
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 00:31:37 -0800

I am interested in doing a project using TinyCC, a web-based IDE for the ESP32-C3, a wifi-enabled microcontroller.  https://github.com/cnlohr/espwebc3/blob/main/README.md

I spent a while trying to decipher riscv-gen, and it's actually not that bad.  Very much inline with the cryptic TinyCC (ok, bit of a jab, but it's not that bad).  It currently only supports RV64, vs the chip I'll be using supports RV32-IMC.  Conveniently, most of the instructions implemented in riscv-gen are the 32-bit instructions, only a handful of RV64 instructions, which shouldn't be too difficult to avoid.

Is anyone else working in this area? Has anyone expressed any possibility at adding a few more comments to the riscv-gen code? Are there any landmines I may run into?  How eager would people be to add a -m32 flag for RISC-V?

Charles