Re: [Tinycc-devel] arm-asm: Test script

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] arm-asm: Test script
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2021 00:07:07 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Tue, 5 Jan 2021, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:

Hi,

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 05:05:40 +0100 (CET)
Michael Matz <matz.tcc@frakked.de> wrote:

Yeah, put it into tests/ I'd say.

Ok, I've added it as tests/arm-asm-testsuite.sh .

 The x86 assembler also has a little
testfile in there that isn't used by default (as it shows a few
differences between GNU as and tcc; and needs updates from time to time
to cater to stricter versions of GNU as).

Maybe you can wire it into the
existing asmtest target when $(ARCH) is arm.

Hmm, how can I get the name of the tcc executable to use for tests from inside the shell script? Do I just use ./tcc ?

Probably easiest to pass $(TCC) to the shell script as an argument I guess. It needs -B and -I flags to work correctly from uninstalled paths and the Makefile sets that up correctly.

Ciao,
Michael.