Re: [Tinycc-devel] All known working ports

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] All known working ports
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 16:14:05 +0100

Christian Jullien wrote in
 <001f01d6ea66$d5b65b30$81231190$@orange.fr>:
 |Hi all,
 |
 |With Herman, who did an impressive work with elf support, we recently added
 |many new *BSD ports.

That is great!

 |Today, I recompiled mob and ran tests on all platforms I can connect to.
 |
 |I'm glad to share with you the most recent list of known ports and their
 |status.
 |
 |Committers, a you can see, you can't assume that the world resumes to Linux
 |and gcc on x64. Please take care to not break those ports which take an age
 |to compile and verify.
 |FreeBSD | arm64 | gcc/clang/tcc | Ok
 |
 || x64   | gcc/clang/tcc | Ok

The problem i had with tcc on FreeBSD a few years ago was that
they are using extensions in their /usr/include headers that tcc
does not understand to an extend where any non-trivial program was
effectively a no-go.
Having said that, i was only interested in using tcc for
compilation of entire projects, not for embedding etc.

Thanks for all the work with tcc!, a user.

--steffen