Re: [Tinycc-devel] Code generator (x86_64-tccgen): help required

From: Dmitry Selyutin
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Code generator (x86_64-tccgen): help required
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 22:00:12 +0300

Hello Michael,

Thank you for a detailed explanation! This helps a lot, and also
correlates with my own experiments; I, however, did vpop() after
save_reg(), and also missed that SValue's `r` field should be updated
as well.
Initially I wanted to implement all atomics as function calls;
however, I'm not sure how other architectures support memory models,
so I would like to leave some kind of a saving loophole.
The plan is to provide a set of functions which are responsible for
the code generation; all architectures supporting atomics should
provide these.
Some architectures could even implement these routines in terms of
usual calls, if they opt to do so.

With your help and advice, I've been able to provide a very basic
implementation for x86_64; I'll publish it soon here, as well as some
preceding patches.

--
Best regards,
Dmitry Selyutin