[Tinycc-devel] Insight on the macOS 11 port

From: Hayden Seay
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Insight on the macOS 11 port
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2021 20:17:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hello there! I'm sure you're likely aware, but, as of macOS Big Sur, system dylibs are found exclusively in the dyld_shared_cache.

This poses a unique issue, where nothing can be linked now, as it can't find a libc mach-o. This can be solved one of two ways, by either dlopen/dlsym-ing at runtime, or by adding tapi support (Apple's YAML format they use in SDKs as opposed to real dynamic libraries). The source for libtapi can be found here: https://opensource.apple.com/source/tapi/tapi-1100.0.11/

My question is, is there a general consensus on which path to take, or has work already been started on one?

Cheers,
Hayden Seay