[Tinycc-devel] manually inlining functions

From: Yakov
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] manually inlining functions
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 10:31:00 +0700

I know TinyC does not optimize (that's why it's fast and that's what I
love) but having to write macros for performance feels so obsolete,
double evaluation hiding in dark corners etc. And function calls are
so expensive in tight loops. Is there a way in Tiny to tell the
compiler always to inline a certain function? I know the "inline"
keyword does not do anything and when I checked std I was not even
able to figure what it is for, something with "compilation units".
Manual inlining seems to be a straightforward thing, just clone the
node into the ast and rename all variables to something unique so I
thought maybe that's what tcc supports with some pragma or what not.
Thanks  anyway.