Re: [Tinycc-devel] Proposal to allow tcc to compile header files

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Proposal to allow tcc to compile header files
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 08:23:43 +0200

Tcc already accepts –x option which is compatible with gcc. If no –x c option is supplied, gcc compiles a .h as if it was a .c file but tcc complains.

So, tcc will be more compatible with gcc if it does the same (i.e. w.o. –x c option).

$ gcc -x c foo.h –o foo

$ tcc -x c foo.h –o foo

To be complete, it should also support –Tc option on Windows which is what VC++ does to compile any extension as a C file.

c:>cl -nologo -Tc foo.h

foo.h

C.