Re: [Tinycc-devel] Errors using riscv64-tcc with gcc/newlib headers

From: Sam Ellicott
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Errors using riscv64-tcc with gcc/newlib headers
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 11:40:36 -0400

Thanks for the reply!
For clarification, the ultimate goal is to have a tcc cross-compiler for riscv32 (targeting the esp32c3 chip). This is for Charles Lohr's espwebc3 project: https://github.com/cnlohr/espwebc3
I am developing on an Arch Linux machine. As I want cross-compiler support, I am trying to use the riscv newlib library as my C standard library (as supplied by the riscv64-elf-newlib package on Arch Linux https://archlinux.org/packages/community/any/riscv64-elf-newlib/) which is the same library that the riscv-gcc cross-compiler uses for embedded targets (for both 32 and 64 bit riscv).

Right now, I was just trying to get the riscv64 cross compiler working (tested with QEMU, as I don't have a riscv64 system to play with). Then my goal would be to add riscv32 support to tcc.

I will try your suggestions for compiling later tonight and see if I can remove any definitions without breaking anything :-)

Thanks,
-Sam Ellicott
Soli Deo Gloria