Re: [Tinycc-devel] Can tcc compile itself with Apple M1?

From: Christian Jullien
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Can tcc compile itself with Apple M1?
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 06:52:57 +0200

Hi,

On macOS, tcc has several limitations and it supports only x86_64 backend.

On M1, it works thanks to Rostetta translation.

You can compile tcc with a boostrapped tcc if you use –cpu=x86_64 ./configure flag

I don’t think we are too far from a native arm64 backend as we have already all the stuff for it but nobody is working on it AFAIK.

I’m ready to help volunteers but I have no enough knowledge on the binary forma to do it myself.