Re: [Tinycc-devel] Making tinycc fully reentrant

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Making tinycc fully reentrant
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 21:10:30 +0200

grischka wrote in
 <6175DD47.8000004@gmx.de>:
 |Domingo Alvarez Duarte wrote:
 |> I finally managed to get a github workflow to build my reentrant fork of
 |> tinycc on linux, osx and windows.
 |Whether any practical project exists or ever will exist that would
 |benefit from that is another question.  One could think of a tcc
 |able to compile several files in parallel for example, but maybe
 |people will more likely stick to make -j instead.

I very much liked the project when it came up first, and
i personally would always say that going with a passable context
is the much better approach.  Globals are evil.  So i was hm a bit
saddened when you definetely rejected that project.  Not because
i would need it for my use of tcc, but because i think that it
makes tcc a better and fully scalable codebase.  (Which i think is
true, but i have not really looked into the code.)

--steffen