[Tinycc-devel] CFront for TinyCC?

From: Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] CFront for TinyCC?
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 14:06:38 +0100

Hello !

After making tinycc fully reentrant here https://github.com/mingodad/tinycc I decided to have a look at cfront and after a week of work on a fork from seiko2 I've got it to build for 32/64 bits for linux here https://github.com/mingodad/cfront-3 , it also build on OSX and MYSYS2 with a bit of dirty tweaking that I need to figure out how to clean up.

I also fixed the parser to build with bison but the generated parser doesn't work as expected, need more investigation because bison doesn't find the same conflicts as byacc in a few places.

I already read the prior messages and understand the implications of the license, but for research and history preservation I think it was worth the trouble so far.

It can build itself through valgrind without any invalid memory access (of course it leaks memory as usual for this kind of software and it's epoch).

If anyone want/can give it a try and give any feedback I appreciate and  thank you in advance !

Cheers !