[Tinycc-devel] Code generation: `libtcc` vs transpiling to C and then co

From: rempas
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Code generation: `libtcc` vs transpiling to C and then compiling with tcc. Why one over another?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 17:57:49 +0100 (CET)

Hi! I hope my question is worthy enough so someone spends some time to answer
me :)

So I want to create a transpiler and I want to use tcc for code generation. So
I want to
hear opinions about generating code in C and then using tcc (the program) to
compile
it or using libtcc to generate code. From what I know libtcc exists for cases
like mine but
from the way that libtcc works, I would still have to convert me code to C so I
don't find
any advantages. I would also have to deal with other functions as well and with
the libtcc
API in general so it is also a lot more work to do. Is there something that I
don't know
about libtcc that makes it worth over using tcc? Thanks in advance!