[Tinycc-devel] Re : Code generation: `libtcc` vs transpiling to C and t

From: david . koch
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Re : Code generation: `libtcc` vs transpiling to C and then compiling with tcc. Why one over another?
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 18:48:37 +0100 (CET)

Hi, what are you trying to achieve ?

MIPS -> x86 ?
MIPS -> C -> tcc -> x86 ?

Or instead of MIPS another language ?

There are several "esoteric" languages that compiles to C, then it's up to you
using the right compiler for the last mile trip.

Decompiling is a hefty task to do, see my previous request on this list
(GLFrontier).

While feasible, it's not necessarily the best option.

If you are using an "esoteric" language, it's up to you to produce
"optimizable" C code that would suit tcc to compile.

Are you doing that at build time or do you plan trying to perform a real-time
JIT "transpiling" ?

More questions than answers.

Regards.