Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using tcc for reflection

From: rempas
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Using tcc for reflection
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2022 19:15:41 +0100 (CET)

1 Φεβ 2022, 10:56 Από mingodad@gmail.com:

> It doesn't seem that tinycc has this implemented properly because testing it
> with this example
> https://echorand.me/site/notes/articles/c_cleanup/cleanup_attribute_c.html I
> can build and execute it but there is no output (with gcc there is the
> expected output).
>
> Cheers !

Yeah, I second that! Be careful with TCC. It will compile code that uses "gcc"
attributes but the behavior will not be the same, It will just ignore the
attribute. It does the same with cmd arguments like "-O3", "-std=c89", "flto"
etc.

IMO, this is a very very bad behavior. TCC should not just ignore stuff but
print proper error messages and abort the compilation. When it comes to
attributes it may be that they plan to implement them so they allow the syntax
to be for now but again, I don't think this is the right behavior. Allow them
when you implement them imo.