Re: [Tinycc-devel] rv32 support in tcc

From: rempas
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] rv32 support in tcc
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 17:14:53 +0100 (CET)

27 Φεβ 2022, 17:49 Από eligis@orange.fr:

> No, riscv64 is for 64bit only.
> I'm not aware of riscv32 32bit porting efforts but someone is perhaps busy
> working on it.
>
> C.

I would add that even if someone is not working on it, it may be possible (and
when saying possible I mean, not a pain in the ass) to make one because while I
couldn't find a reference to it, I suppose that both 32-bit and 64-bit versions
of RISC-V were created simultaneously as RISC-V was designed in an era were
32-bit computers were there.

With that in mind, I suppose that the differences between these two will be the
length of the registers. So someone should be able to modify the TCC's
"RISC-V64" version and make it support the 32-bit RISC-V with a couple of
changes to both the backend and in the frontend (I suppose things like
disabling 8-byte types for example).

Any thoughts on that one?