Re: [Tinycc-devel] Quick question

From: Niklas Rosencrantz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Quick question
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 22:38:38 +0100

malloc and free are usually provided by the operating system aren't they? I would check what free does for the specific playform. Cheers \n

Den fre 25 mars 2022 21:12Ridge McGhee <ridge.mcghee@gmail.com> skrev:
Regarding my previous question:
I'm able to compile to memory and use the compiled function.
Now, how can I unload/delete the function from memory?

I use the following lines to allocate space and relocate the code
(presumably for the symbol table information and code):

  TCCState *state = tcc_new();
  tcc_set_output_type(state, TCC_OUTPUT_MEMORY);
  tcc_compile_string(state, code);
  void *mem = malloc( tcc_relocate(state, NULL) ); // get size
  tcc_relocate(state, mem);

If I use following line:

free(mem);

Will that completely free up the memory consumed by the symbol
table information and relocated code?

Thanks