[Tinycc-devel] Tinycc on Apple M1 is creating x64 binaries

From: Antoine Champion
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Tinycc on Apple M1 is creating x64 binaries
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 18:53:13 +0000

Hi list,

I’ve installed tinycc from mob branch without configure options.

When I try to compile any piece of code, the produced output is for x86_64 architecture :

% echo "int main(int argc, char** argv) { return 0 ; }" > test.c

% tcc test.c

% lipo -info a.out

Non-fat file: a.out is architecture: x86_64

% ./a.out

illegal hardware instruction: ./a.out

Alternatively, I can’t either compile a dynamic library with -shared, with the compilation error "tcc: error: _main not defined".

Am I missing something or is tcc not yet ready for Apple M1?

Best,

Antoine