[Tinycc-devel] Reverted commits

From: Detlef Riekenberg
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Reverted commits
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 00:31:44 +0200

Hi List.

My commits from the last 2 month where reverted.

Why?
And why without any comment?

Fixing simple bugs to make tcc more usable for all developer should be our goal.

* Example Bug fixed, but patch reverted:
* CC=tcc configure
This is no longer possible

*Example Bug fixed, but patch reverted:
*CFLAGS includes "-g0"
Now, tcc creates debug infos again and produce much larger object files as gcc
-O0
Yes, of course, removing "-g0" from the flags is possible.
Please try yourself to send patches for makefiles to work around a tcc bug to
apache.org
and other projects.

*Example Bug fixed, but patch reverted:
*-Os has to define __OPTIMIZE_SIZE__
glibc header, uclibc-ng header and other code select a different
implementation, when __OPTIMIZE_SIZE__ is defined

*Example Bug fixed, but patch reverted:
* arm64-tcc helloworld.c -o helloworld
No longer possible.
Startfiles are in /usr/aarch64-linux-gnu/lib
Includes are in /usr/aarch64-linux-gnu/include

I mentioned multiple times, that building tcc with the cross compiler feature
fails
to build working cross compiler, which can even cross compile on most systems
"out of the box".
config-extra.mak is not optional for any cross compiler.
"Out of the Box" experience failed.
The tcc pakage from the OS is too old
and provides only i386-tcc and tcc (on x86_64),
but not for arm, arm64 and other targets

--
Bye bye ... Detlef