Re: [Tinycc-devel] __attribute__((constructor)) not getting called

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] __attribute__((constructor)) not getting called
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 16:39:54 +0200

Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20221004135109.h5zfu%steffen@sdaoden.eu>:
 |Liam Wilson wrote in
 | <CAO5MFrpVKkLVFg91=Bfjm-UpAoj03HA=Ey-kGmkZiOBdLrjjOQ@mail.gmail.com>:
 ||On Sat, 1 Oct 2022 at 18:27, Liam Wilson <cosinusoidally@gmail.com> wrote:

 ||> initialisation is a better idea. Unfortunately the API uses
 ||> __attribute__((constructor)) so currently there is no work around. I
 ||Turns out there is actually an option to have nodejs call an explicit
 ||init function https://github.com/nodejs/node/issues/44853#issuecomment-1\
 ||264615934
 ||I just missed it as I was using a slightly older version of the API.
 |
 |Somehow interesting that such a huge API does not offer macros to
 |hide the declspec from module implementors.
 |But great!  (That is how i would have done it, and it worked
 |twenty years ago.)

Constructor worked twenty years ago, too.  But really, what
i always hated is the inflexibility with standards, you could have
atexit, but not atexit_unregister, etc. and so it is with modules.
Anyhow with a dedicated module_unregister call-in a module can
throw away all references it possibly holds explicitly.  That.

--steffen