Re: [Tinycc-devel] GNUmake v4.4 port on Windows with tcc

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] GNUmake v4.4 port on Windows with tcc
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 11:50:45 -0400

On Wed, 2022-11-02 at 16:40 +0100, Christian Jullien wrote:
> It appears that tcc on Windows lacks strtoll and strtoull (something
> that
> needs to be fixed on tcc side of course).
> Meanwhile, it can easily be patched in build_w32.bat by adding
> -Dstrtoull=_strtoui64 -Dstrtoll=_strtoi64 at line 330
>
> call %COMPILER% -mthreads -Wall -std=c11 %OPTS% -I%OUTDIR%/src -
> I./src
> -I%OUTDIR%/lib -I./lib -I./src/w32/include -D_cdecl= -
> Dstrtoull=_strtoui64
> -Dstrtoll=_strtoi64 -D_MSC_VER -DHAVE_CONFIG_H %EXTRAS% -o
> %OUTDIR%/%1.%O%
> -c %1.c
>
> Hope it helps.

Thanks for that note.  We will choose a different way to address this I
expect but it's good to know there's a problem.

It would be very helpful if someone from tinycc-devel subscribed to one
of the make mailing lists, and could volunteer to build the release
candidates with tcc to ensure that they work properly: we had 3 release
candidates published over 4 weeks before the 4.4 release was made and
issues like this are just the kind of thing we hope to catch during
that period.

Cheers!