Re: [Tinycc-devel] a.out support (was Re: add an executable format?)

From: Brian Callahan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] a.out support (was Re: add an executable format?)
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2023 14:28:32 +0000

Hello --

On 2/4/2023 8:31 AM, tccm wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 07:03:52AM +0100, tccm wrote:
>> I will test your patch and report here.
>
> Hello Brian,
>
> Many thanks for your code, it helped a lot.

Glad to hear that it helped.

One thing I noticed in your elf2aout.c comments is that Minix-2 only
supports 14-character file names. You can make the temp file much
shorter if needed (e.g., hard code it to be something like "temp.aout").

Would it be possible for you to share binaries of your new TCC? I
finally got Minix-2 i386 running on VirtualBox and it would be nice to
try out TCC there.

~Brian