Re: [Tinycc-devel] Code to cross compile

From: Sam Ellicott
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Code to cross compile
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2023 08:55:20 -0500

Not really sure how to help you here.
1) You can usually get a riscv64-gcc cross-compiler directly from most linux distros. If you provide the distro you are using, I can probably point it out.
2) Are you following the build instructions on https://github.com/riscv-collab/riscv-gnu-toolchain ? I've never had any problems getting a cross-compiler working using their steps.
3) No arguments that gcc is bloated, but it is also a C++ compiler and has a ton of features.

Have you gotten any tests to work in an emulator? Starting with an FPGA sounds like a recipe for hidden bugs to me.
Thanks,
-Sam
Soli Deo Gloria