Re: [Tinycc-devel] 'make install' omitting binaries

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] 'make install' omitting binaries
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 22:40:33 +0100

On 09.03.2023 16:02, Herman ten Brugge via Tinycc-devel wrote:
On 3/9/23 08:53, certanan wrote:
Binaries do not get built - and are omitted from the installation process, in
turn - when running 'make install' before 'make'. Is this a feature, or a bug?

Just pushed a fix.

     Herman

I'm no install expert but I think that "sudo make install" when
it would implicitly create files as "root" in the local directories
(such as *.o) did already cause unexpected complications to me.

Also, in tinycc so far one could make and install just a cross-compiler
for example:

    ./configure
    make cross-arm-eabi
    sudo make install

which is not so bad at least for developers.

-- grischka