Re: [Tinycc-devel] Please do a 0.9.28 release.

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Please do a 0.9.28 release.
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2023 19:39:59 +0200

On 29.03.2023 23:10, Detlef Riekenberg wrote:
Hi Grishka.

Please create a 0.9.28 release.

Afterwards, we can work towards a 1.0.0 release, probably in this year.

Why does it need 1.x.x releases when it can still have a lot of 0.9.xx?

Anyway, I think it's good that we've seen some more extensive testing
lately, it might help to have a solid next release to stay for a while
again.

I got distracted though by the (_)_unaligned thingy, is that not a
MS-C extension, and is there not a (currently conflicting) definition
already in tcc's windows headers?  As to "still present in code from
> 15 years ago" ... I mean some people have some problems with some
software always but the question is (as always) whether tinycc is the
best place to fix them (and if so, what is the best place in tinycc).

Also, what's TAP and what's the benefit for the rest when "tcc -bench"
output is compatible with it?

-- grischka

I hope, that we get more attention with a 0.9.28 release
and maybe also new contributions/testers.

Thanks for your effort.