[Tinycc-devel] trying to make absolute jump

From: Paul Moore
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] trying to make absolute jump
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 04:16:57 +0000

Weird processor. It only supports absolute jumps. So this is something that needs to be fixed up during link time. I do not know the elf details well enough to be able to work out how to do it

Seems like I need the jmp instruction to be a have reloc that refers to a symbol that matches the jump destination, say “dest1”. So I need a reference to Symbol “dest1” at the jump site and a definition generated later (by gsym_addr). Can I even do that , have a reference to a symbol that I export but want resolved at link time and not have ELF go “well I know that symbol, its right here”

I thought that maybe computed goto offered a way to prise the lid off this, but no , that doesn’t not work the same way.