tlf-devel

Re: Can you prevent mode switching?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: Can you prevent mode switching?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2021 08:00:12 +0200

Am Thu, 28 Oct 2021 10:22:13 +0800
schrieb Onno VK6FLAB <cq@vk6flab.com>:

> The mode change is still being populated on band change, even if I
> comment out the band-change rig_set_mode call at the bottom of
> src/gettxinfo.c.

The change mode happens actually in handle_trx_bandswitch in gettxinfo.c
It is called in the same file around line 205. Just comment the call
out. That should help.

> I suspect that the mode change is secretly being sent with the
> frequency change and have been trying to investigate filtering out
> mode changes in the TCP connection to rigctld, but that's a two-way
> stream and using grep/sed on a bidirectional stream is a challenge :-)

No. The frequency change is sent separately. But in the next frequency
reading cycle TLF sees the change in band (bandinx != oldbandinx) and
triggers the mode switch.

In the long term I see two ways to handle it:

- Add a new keyword as suggested above.
- On bandswitch record not only the old frequency but also the mode. So
  TLF may start with turning the rig to CW on first start but remember
  later any changes made directly at the trx.

73, de Tom

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea