tof-general

Re: [Tof-general] Tof with Mysql

From: Laurent Martelli
Subject: Re: [Tof-general] Tof with Mysql
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 22:53:31 +0100

  Al> Hi, I looked at Tof features and found that this is just what I
  Al> need - viewing rights. But I cant use Tof out of the box because
  Al> my host runs MYSQL only. I know almost nothing about databases
  Al> and PHP scripting. I would be very grateful if you can tell me
  Al> what queries I need to modify, and how to mody. I know that many
  Al> people use MYSQL and your help would be greatly appreciated by
  Al> them.  many thanks Al

As you may have noticed already, the database stuff is in
slooze_ct_sql.php. I think you'll need at least to adapt the
getSequenceNextValue() function and of course the db creation script
(base.sql).

All other queries are rather standard SQL (well I think so), but may
used features not implemented by mysql. Since I don't know mysql very
well, I can't tell you which are these. I suggest that you just try
and tell me the errors that you have, and I'll try to help you.

Happy new year and good luck :-)

--
Laurent Martelli
address@hidden              http://www.bearteam.org/~laurent/