tramp-devel

Re: Tramp should only change M-x shell startup when used in tramp buffer

From: 積丹尼 Dan Jacobson
Subject: Re: Tramp should only change M-x shell startup when used in tramp buffers
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 01:18:15 +0800

Try this:
In a remote dired, do M-x shell, but then ^G when you see the long prompt.

OK, now in a local dired, do the same thing... and see the same results!

Apparently if the first time you attempted to start it was in a remote
buffer, that is then remembered for the rest of the emacs session.

Note above I have not actually got to the first "$" shell prompt,
canceling out with ^G each time I saw the scary long /.../.../.../ prompt.