tramp-devel

Re: tramp (2.4.5.27.2 nil/nil); I try to connect to OneDrive via rclone,

From: Henri Salha
Subject: Re: tramp (2.4.5.27.2 nil/nil); I try to connect to OneDrive via rclone, but I get a message Variable binding depth exceeds max-specpdl-size
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2021 12:21:44 +0200

Hello Michael!
Yes indeed that may be a long shot... I hike a lot, and was looking for a way to bring my emacs environment with me, but my laptop is too bulky and fragile, hence my idea to get emacs on this old tablet.

Indeed the issue is that the command rclone mount does not work. The immediate block I get is that fusermount is not installed, and to do this I need to root the tablet, which I refrained from until now.
If I go forward, I will let you know if that solved the problem.
Thank you for your attention and help!
Henri

Le sam. 2 oct. 2021 à 18:27, Michael Albinus <michael.albinus@gmx.de> a écrit :
Henri Salha <henri.salha@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Henri,

> Hello. I set-up rclone on my android device (Samsung galaxy tab, linux
> access = termux) and successfully connected it to my OneDrive account,
> eg a command (rclone copy onedrive:/path/to/file ~/) works.

Are you saying you are running GNU/Linux on your android tablet? And
also Emacs? Wow ...

> Now I type C-x C-f /rclone:onedrive:/path/to/file I get this error
> message, or another one saying that lisp nesting is too deep.
>
> I did'nt see any similar bug reported. Sorry if it is a trivial error.
>
> I attach the debug tramp report (verbose mode 9).

Well, the traces seem to indicate, that "rclone mount onedrive:/
/data/data/com.termux/files/usr/tmp/tramp.rclone.onedrive" is called
again and again, likely recursively.

Could you call this command from a shell, ans see whether there are
errors?

Could you also rerun the test in Emacs with tramp-verbose set to 10?
With luck, we will get then a backtrace, which tells us what has caused
the recursion.

> Henri

Best regards, Michael.