tramp-devel

Re: Say "(No permission to read directory contents)"

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Say "(No permission to read directory contents)"
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2021 20:02:23 +0200

積丹尼 Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org> writes:

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the bug report!

> Maybe instead of cryptic:
>   /adb::/root:
>   (No match)
>   total used in directory 0 available 1.6 GiB
>
> Say:
>   /adb::/root:
>   (No permission to read directory contents)
>   total used in directory 0 available 1.6 GiB
>

> In fact also:
>   total used in directory: unknown, available 1.6 GiB

Fixed. It now raises an error:

C-x C-f /adb::/root
=> Reading directory: Permission denied, /adb::/root/

> Anyway at least add a comma:
>   total used in directory 0, available 1.6 GiB

No, I follow the template in Emacs local files:

C-x C-f /
=> total used in directory 80 available 29 GiB

> tramp-version "2.5.0.2"

Changes pushed to the repositories, will be available with the upcoming
Tramp 2.5.1.4.

Best regars, Michael.