tramp-devel

Reports 'Scan error' over and over and can become unresponsive

From: Todd Goldfinger
Subject: Reports 'Scan error' over and over and can become unresponsive
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 15:01:46 -0400

I have been advised to submit a bug report. When I set
tramp-save-ad-hoc-proxies to true, I see 'Scan error' over and
over. Depending on my configuration, emacs can become completely
unresponsive. My setup is a bit unusual, but I've tried this every way I
can think of: inside docker in WSL2 with my init file inside docker,
inside docker in WSL2 with my init file on Windows, the same version of
emacs running only in WSL2 (no docker). I have the same issue no matter
how I run it.

https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/77320/tramp-scan-error

I was able to simplify my init.el down to the following, and I'm still
having this issue.

(require 'tramp)
(setq tramp-default-method "ssh")
(setq tramp-default-host "192.168.2.6")