trans-coord-devel

shebangs on GNUN scripts

From: Rafael Fontenelle
Subject: shebangs on GNUN scripts
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 16:12:28 -0300

Hello,

When packaging gnun for Fedora, some interesting warnings, and one
error, came up (messages listed below). I can patch it locally, but I
thought it would be interesting to share with the upstream.

The warnings were basically because awk scripts were packaged with
executable bit but they don't have shebangs, so Fedora script removed
the executable bit. I notice those scripts are called by other shell
scripts using gawk command explicitly. Maybe it is the case of
installing them without the executable bit? Alternatively, maybe add
shebang "#!/bin/gawk" ?

The one error was because 'diff-po.awk' has a shebang "# gawk -f" when
the was expected a shebang starting "/". I don't know how much impact
this, but maybe renaming it to "#!/bin/gawk -f" ?

The messages were:
------------
*** WARNING: ./usr/libexec/gnun/sort.awk is executable but has no
shebang, removing executable bit
*** WARNING: ./usr/libexec/gnun/link-diff.awk is executable but has no
shebang, removing executable bit
*** WARNING: ./usr/libexec/gnun/expand-ssi.awk is executable but has
no shebang, removing executable bit
*** ERROR: ./usr/libexec/gnun/diff-po.awk has shebang which doesn't
start with '/' (gawk -f)
*** WARNING: ./usr/libexec/gnun/make-prototype.awk is executable but
has no shebang, removing executable bit

Best regards,
Rafael Fontenelle