trans-coord-news

Re: [Trans-coord-news] Re: Problem with including a file in the .pl ver

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Trans-coord-news] Re: Problem with including a file in the .pl version of the main page
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:27:35 +0000

Wojciech Kotwica <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2004-12-19 08:49, Wojciech Kotwica wrote:

>>> What's the problem?
>>>
>> Resulting http://www.gnu.org/home.pl.html contains text:
>>   [an error occurred while processing this directive]
>
> Is the answer "42"? ;)

Sorry, I don't think I ever saw the actual problem report. It wasn't
until someone else told me that the main page was actually screwed
that I checked and saw what was happening.

Sorry.

I asked the sysadmins about this. The problem is to do with the naming
convention of the include file. Apache thinks the include file is a
perl script Because it's called gnusflashes.pl.include.

This is exceedingly dumb of our Apache config. I am sure it could be
fixed. But for now... do you want to just change the name of the
polish include file to:

   gnusflashes.polish.include

Changing that would mean changes to:

  home.pl.html
  rss/Makefile

Let me know if you want to do it that way.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk