[Traverso-devel] Progress update for release 0.30.0

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Traverso-devel] Progress update for release 0.30.0
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 16:14:44 +0200

Hello list (Nic, Rudi ;-) ),

After a good deal of bug fixes last week, and the "generalization of (semi)
lockless adding/removing of Objects into the audio processing path class" I
made, which allows us to add/remove objects in a thread save way (which
wasn't the case at this moment, causing insidental crashes), 0.30.0 seems to
be quite ready to release!

Stuff that still needs some attention, status update:

- Up to date documentation, a small tuturial (Nicola tries to work on this)
- Gentoo ebuild (is it ready to be used? If it's not ready in time, no
problem, we'll just delay it for 0.30.1 then)
- Debian package. (Needs update and some testing, Nicola will look into this
if he has time this week)
- Release announcement. (posted earlier, any comments/improvements?)

So, the idea is to release somewhere next week, if you can get the above stuff
finished then, would be lovely!
Let me know when you think it'll be finished!

One note; Traverso 0.30.0 is a milestone release, but by no means a finished
piece of software, neither feature or stability wise.
Crashing bugs however are a bad thing, so you're encouraged to report those in
the bugtracker, with a little explanation when and how it happened.

Thanks for your input and work!