[Traverso-devel] release progress

From: Remon Sijrier
Subject: [Traverso-devel] release progress
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:39:38 +0200

Hi,

I've been working a bit more on thread save add/remove of objects (like Track,
AudioClip etc) and a very basic implementation which works fine is on cvs.

However, part of the adding/removing workflow in Traverso has to be changed a
bit more to accomodate to this new way of adding/removing including some
changes in the GUI code.

I'm not yet sure what the "best" approach is, and as a result the current
adding/removing of Track's isn't idiot proof heh.

But I don't feel to work on that, since it requires a number of changes rather
spreaded over the code, possibly introducing new bugs.

So 0.30.0 simply won't have good adding/removing Track's support!

Nicola updated the German translation, thanks!
NL translation is finished too, just in case ... ;-)

Debian package seems to work (Did my package work for you Nicola?)

Gentoo? Something working which can be placed on the website ?

There's a start on a basic Tutorial, needs a little bit more work.

I'll commit today a last thing to CVS (when removing a Track, at least update
the TrackView area! :-))

If you want to build/test it...

If that goes well, then I'll tag it as release 0.30.0 and we have a release!

Oh I forgot, anyone had a look at the announcement I posted earlier?
Improvements are welcome.

The idea is to post the announcement on laa (Linux audio announce)
Does anyone know more places where to announce?

Thanks and have a nice day!